Sunday 28 July 2013

2. Don't Chase People.
I recently had an argument with a good friend of mine. Afterwards, my first instinct was to bug her and push her until she replied to my messages/texts etc. Why wasn't she? Maybe if I text once more she will reply? I texted once or twice, then decided to take a step back and let her have her space. She would come when she was ready.

As humans, and especially as females, we have this wonderful way of justifying things. We can always come up with reasons why, or why not. But I am beginning to learn that deep down, we always know the truth. People come in and out of our lives for reasons - either to teach us something, or for us to teach them something. Some will stay, and some will go. There's a really fab saying - don't be sad it's over. Be grateful it happened. What lessons came out of it? In my case - I learned a bit about my personal control levels.

This can apply to friends, boyfriends, colleges, anything.
Whatever you do - don't chase people. If they want to be in your life, if they are right to be in your life, they will be. If you have to chase after them and convince them that you are a good person, or a fun person (whatever the case may be) they are not supposed to be in your life. Let things happen naturally, and know when to walk away. Give people space; The universe will align you if you need to be intertwined.

"Be yourself, do your own thing, and work hard. The right people, the ones who really belong in your life, will come to you- and stay.' - Will Smith.

No comments:

Post a Comment